I LOVE Copenhagen. It’s wide, open streets flanked with a network of calm waterways and colourful little harbours, it’s a city which manages to successfully mix sedate, stylish, quirky and fun.
I’ve always been a big fan of Scandi style - pretty much raised on it - so it felt a bit like coming home, even though it was my first visit. Their ability to liven up cool, neutral tones with flashes of bold colour, texture and swooping shapes never fails to please.
Inspired by their style, the images below are put together by composition and colour rather than chronologically.
Oh and I know you didn’t ask, but here are some of my top travel tips – just in case you are lucky enough to visit this gorgeous city.
- We travelled by Easyjet from Manchester - £60 return and only 90 minutes in the air
- We stayed at THIS gorgeous AirBandB
- The transfer from the airport to the central station is brilliant – super easy and only 12 minutes journey time
- The food markets well worth a visit – Torvehallerne for deli take out buys and gifts, Papiroen for awesome eating and drinking on the spot. The latter is a supreme example of how to create atmosphere out of pretty much nothing – innovative upcycling at it’s best.
- The Little Mermaid statue – not the most amazing site, but a nice walk there….and on the way back try stopping at the Babette Sky Spa – buy a bottle of Cava and you can gain access to the amazing roof terrace.
- For shopping visit Illums Bolighus – if you like scandi chic and interior design you will be in heaven
- For eating out, Tight is fab, great atmosphere, great cocktails (and 50% off if you Instagram them!) – you need to book though
- Finally, embrace your inner tourist and take a boat tour from pretty Nyhaven - you’ll hold your breath as it squeezes under the tiny bridges with just millimetres to spare!
Follow me on Instagram for the i-phone story of the trip :)